Cmap Cloud Terms of Service
Cmap Cloud is a website that provides the CmapTools for Cmap Cloud app that enables users to create and share concept maps, and provides storage and access for the concept maps in the Cloud. Cmap Cloud also allows you to create and access your concept maps using the CmapTools desktop software and the CmapTools for iPad App. By using Cmap Cloud, you agree to be bound by these terms of service.
Cmap Cloud is a service provided by, and you are contracting with The Florida Institute for Human & Machine Cognition (IHMC), a not-for-profit research institute of the State University System of Florida with a principal address of 40 South Alcaniz St, Pensacola, FL 32502.
- Account Creation and Use
To use Cmap Cloud, you must create an account. When creating an account, you agree to provide accurate and up-to-date information. You are responsible for the security of your account and password. You agree not to share your account with anyone else.
The content that you create or upload to Cmap Cloud is your own responsibility. You agree that you will not upload any content that is illegal, infringing, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise harmful. You agree to indemnify and hold IHMC harmless from any claims arising from your content of use of Cmap Cloud.
IHMC owns all intellectual property rights in the Cmap Cloud website and software. You retain all intellectual property rights in the content that you create or upload to Cmap Cloud.
IHMC grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, and limited license to use the Cmap Cloud website and software for personal, educational or business use.
- License to Use your Content
Your content remains yours, which means that you retain any intellectual property rights that you have in your content. For example, you have intellectual property rights in the creative content you make, such as concept maps you create. Or you may have the right to share someone else’s creative content if they have given you their written permission.
This license expressly provides IHMC with your permission to use and view your content.
This license is
- worldwide, which means it’s valid anywhere in the world
- non-exclusive, which means you can license your content to others
- royalty-free, which means there are no monetary fees for this license
This license allows IHMC to
- host, reproduce, distribute, communicate, and use your content — for example, to save your content on our systems and make it accessible from anywhere you go
- publish, publicly perform, or publicly display your content, if you have made it publicly visible to others
- modify and create derivative works based on your content, such as reformatting or translating the content into other languages, if you have made it publicly visible to others
- sublicense these rights to:
- other users to allow the services to work as designed, such as enabling you to share concept maps with people you choose
- our contractors who have also signed agreements with us that are consistent with these terms, only for the limited purposes described in the Purpose section below
This license is for the limited purpose of:
- operating and improving the services, which means allowing the services to work as designed and creating new features and functionalities. This includes using automated systems and algorithms to analyze your content:
- for spam, malware, and illegal content
- to recognize patterns in data, such as determining when to suggest new concepts or improvements to a concept map, or provide feedback or recommendations regarding the quality of a concept map
This analysis occurs as the content is sent, received, and when it is stored.
- using content you have shared publicly to promote the services. For example, to promote the Cmap Cloud, we might quote a concept map you created and shared publicly
- developing new technologies and services for IHMC consistent with these terms
- Other content
Some of our services give you access to content that belongs to other people or organizations — for example, a concept map created by another user, who has either made their content publicly visible or has set specific permissions for you to access that content. You may not use this content without that person or organization’s permission, or as otherwise allowed by law.
IHMC may terminate your account for any reason, at any time. If your account is terminated, you will no longer be able to use the Cmap Cloud.
- Governing Law
These terms of service are governed by the laws of the State of Florida. You agree that any disputes arising out of these terms of service will be resolved in the courts of Escambia County Florida.
- Entire Agreement
These terms of service constitute the entire agreement between you and IHMC. These terms of service supersede any prior agreements, representations, or understandings between you and IHMC.
- Contact Information.
If you have any questions about these terms of service, please contact us at: IHMC, 40 South Alcaniz St, Pensacola FL 32502. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org