Problem logging into accounts created between March 13-16, 2020
If you're having trouble logging into your account which was created March 13-16, 2020, try the following:
- If you login and find that your account is missing ("Invalid username or password"), you'll need to create a new account, using the same email address as before. Any Cmaps you created with that email address will be automatically linked to your new account.
- If you login and find that your account exists, but still needs to be activated, click the "Re-send Activation email" button near the top of the page, and follow the instructions in the email. Once your account is re-activated you will be able to login and see your Cmaps.
CmapTools in the Cloud (List updated June 25, 2016)
- CmapTools in the Cloud does not support Nested Nodes.
- Texts set to be displayed on top, bottom, left or right of a background image in a node are node displayed correctly.
- Moving a node that is connected via a curved line results in the curved line not displayed correctly.
- CmapTools in the Cloud does not detect properly when the computer has been disconnected from the Internet and presumes the user is still logged in. It allows some actions (e.g. New Cmap, Save) but these will eventually fail. This is particularly the case if the computer has gone to a "sleep mode" for more than 30 minutes. It is recommended that the web page be reloaded and the user login again.
- The number of messages displayed in the Messages icon sometimes gets out of sync with the number of messages pending to be read.
- If a Cmap has a link to a Cmap that is hosted in a CmapServer that is not the Cmap Cloud, and that Cmap is opened, the Cmap Cloud hangs.
- The endpoints of the arrows in curved connecting lines sometimes do not point correctly. Playing around with the curve can get them to display correctly.
- Printing a Cmap truncates it to one single page.
- Extending the canvas by dragging a concept to the edge does not work. Need to select a group of nodes and move them to the edge such that part of the selection extends the canvas.
- On Internet Explorer, exporting to SVG asks the user whether to Leave the Page or not, wrongly indicating changes will be lost.
- There is no way to edit the metadata of a resource (e.g. image, URL...).
- There is no way to move a resource from a subfolder to the Home folder.
- If you use Google/Chrome's automatic page translator, while editing the nodes the text shows outside the node, but once you finish editing it looks fine.
Some of the resolved issues
If a folder was shared again with somebody in your Cmappers list, an error would generated. It now detects the share already exists.
When a user registers, the Home Folder may not be created. A temporary solution is to access the Cmap Cloud from the desktop version of CmapTools, as it will create the missing Home Folder. (fixed May 2016)
If a node is set as transparent and has a shadow, the shadow shows inside the node (fixed June 22, 2016)
The Share dialogue box is failing when given (a) an email address of a user that is not registered in the Cmap Cloud, or (b) the email address of a user who is not in the Cmappers list. To share with a user, he/she needs to be in the Cmappers list (fixed April 22, 2016).
Print Preview or SVG export of a Cmap with accented characters would not display them correctly (fixes March 31, 2016)
Sharing a folder with a non-registered user gives an error (fixed November 13, 2015).
Sharing a folder with a user who has not activated his/her account gives an error (fixed November 13, 2015).
Sharing a folder with a user who has not accepted being in my Cmappers list gives an error (fixed November 13, 2015).
The site does not provide a URL that facilitates browsing through the Cmap Cloud Home Folder using a Web browser (fixed June 5, 2015). Open a Cmap, select the Action "Open in Cmap Viewer". Copy the URL of the displayed Web page.
An error occurs when attempting to Save a Cmap in Internet Explorer (fixed June 3, 2015).