CmapTools v5.05.01 November 1, 2012
- Support for Mac OS X Mountain Lion installation, Windows 8 Installation, and Windows Server 2012 Installation
- Fixed bug in the Search Panel in the Views when the entry was left empty.
- *** Note: Virus Scanner avast! is reporting a problem with the installer for v5.05.01 for OS X. This is a false positive, the installer program does not have a virus.
CmapTools v5.05 September 6, 2012
- Fixed Drag-and-Drop of URLs from Chrome, IE9 and other Web Browsers onto concepts and the Views window.
- Fixed SSL connection mode not working in Mac OS X.
- Updated default ports for public CmapServers and WordNet
- Restored WordNet service
- Restored WebSearch from a Cmap, now using Bing
- Fixed renaming of resources, where renaming to an existing name might delete the previously existing resource
- Added generation of thumbnails for videos and PDFs
- Performance improvements when loading Cmaps
CmapTools v5.04.02 May 15, 2011
- Added support for ".ppsx" and ".pptx" (Powerpoint) file extensions.
- Adds Estonian as one of the languages supported by the CmapTools GUI.
- Fixed the handling of the "cmap://" protocol for opening Cmaps via a Web browser URL for Apple Mac OS X (10.6.4) and Java 1.6.0_22 update.
- Fixed an export problem that was allowing multiple "_Default_" style sheets to be written to an CXL file.
- Fixed a problem where multiple map-background images were being stored with the Cmap, resulting in large files.
- Added fields in the Style Palette to indicate what origin XY coordinates for background images.
- Added support to handle CXL with images stored in separate files instead of in-line Base64.
- Added "cmap" to the list of default SLP scopes.
- Modified the Mac Installer so Rosetta is not required to install the program, and enabling CmapTools to run as 64 bits.
CmapTools v5.04.01 October 29, 2010
- Fixed the problem on the Mac that prevented the program to launch when the "Check for Updates" was executed before running CmapTools.
- Fixed the problem on the Mac where logs were truncated because of running under Java VM 1.6.
- Adds Greek as one of the languages supported by the CmapTools GUI.
- Fixes the problem when generating thumbnails under certain Linux distributions.
CmapTools v5.04. July 25, 2010
- Fixed the problem on the Mac (Snow Leopard) that causes the saving of profile information to fail.
- New Search Tab in the Views window which makes it much easier to search for a Cmap or resource in My Cmaps, My Places or All Places.
- New Search for Clip Art Side Panel for the Cmap makes it easy to search for Clip Art and drag-and-drop it onto the Cmap canvas. Clip Art can be located in My Cmaps or any of the CmapServers in My Places.
- Added Compatibility with Opera 10 web browser.
- The Trash button is hidden and disabled in the Views window if resources displayed cannot be deleted (e.g. results from the Search)
- The Thumbnails button is hidden and disabled in the Views window if the resources displayed cannot be shown as thumbnails.
- Fixed an update bug where default places (which are added as if they were added by a user) were not being updated if an updated record came from the DoP.
- Added IHMC LiveMappers (from www.livemappers.net) and IHMC Cmappers (from www.cmappers.net) CmapServers to the default Places List.
- Added two new links in the Help menu: "CmapTools Support Forum" links to cmapforum.ihmc.us and "Learn about Concept Mapping" links to the Learn section of www.cmappers.net.
- Added Import from/Export to the IVML file format.
CmapTools v5.03. April 7, 2009
- The new short URL format provides at least two benefits over the previous URL format, which produced URLs that were quite a bit longer than the new ones:
1. The new URLs will fit more easily into an email message.
2. The URL now contains the name of the resource to which it refers.
- Fixed selection problem on Mac OS X when right-clicking.
- Now CmapTools provides support to iWork'09 file formats.
- Fixed a bug where Cmaptools was unable to export a Cmap as web page; a Cmap that was created manually as CXL and then imported into Cmaptools.
- Fixed a bug where an error message appeared in the internet browser when you tried to view a manually created CXL Cmap as web page.
- Fixed a bug where annotations, created in a Cmap using Cmaptools v5.0 Beta14, did not appear when the same Cmap was opened using Cmaptools v4.18.
- Both the Web Search and Concept Suggester now make use of the "language" property of the Concept Map (if the user has set it), and will try to
contextualize searches and suggestions in such language. For example: if the language property of the cmap is set to Spanish, the Web Search and Concept suggestions
are in Spanish too.
- Fixed a bug that happened after selecting all the concepts in a Cmap, then adding a shadow to them, they would gain a shadow but these shadows
would disappear when you added another concept, and selected "None" for shadow for that new concept and then double clicked to add yet another new concept.
- Fixed a bug where the font used changed after a symbol from the mathematical character set had been placed. For example typing "hello" +
"mathematical symbol" + "hello", would show the second hello in a times-like font, while the first hello would remain in the default Verdana.
- ACmapTools distribution for 64-bit architecture is now available for Windows and Linux operating systems.
- The cmap:// protocol enables clients to open concept maps on the web with CmapTools. Much like the http:// protocol
directs the client operating system to open a URL with a web browser, using the cmap:// protocol at the beginning of a
URL indicates that CmapTools should be opened to view the contents of the URL.
- CmapTools can now view the cmaps and resources as thumbnails in the Views window, facilitating their identification.
Through a button in the Views window, you can decide how you want to view the cmaps and resources stored; either as a tree structure or
CmapTools v4.18. June 09, 2008
- Fixed a bug in the presentation builder where an empty string was a valid value as the name of a presentation.
- Fixed a bug where the selected items in the Presentation Tree were not being highlighted.
- Fixed a bug in the Style Palette. Now the Style Palette does not fail to show up when it is the first action requested by the user during a CmapTools session.
- Now CmapTools provides support to Microsoft Office 2007 file formats.
- Added language support for Kuna and Catalan.
- Fixed a bug in the "Export Cmap As.." menu item. It now contains all the possible image formats
- Fixed a bug in the Zoom a cmap option where only 100% was available.
CmapTools v4.17. May 05, 2008
- Fixed a bug in the side panel on the Mac OS X version, where the close/hide button was not displayed correctly.
- Fixed a bug in the presentation builder. Now when a presentation is deleted, CmapTools displays an empty presentation
CmapTools v4.16. March 11, 2008
- Fixed a bug in the Search module. Now CmapTools allows to search cmaps and resources in "My Cmaps".
- Now CmapTools lets the user know that a presentation is running. CmapTools changes the status of the presentation icon in the side panel when a presentation is running.
CmapTools v4.15. February 05, 2008
- Clip Art. Images can now be tagged as being Clip Art by using the properties dialog. Clip Art should be small images (less than 128x128) that can be used as backgrounds for Concepts or Links. When you drag and drop Clip Art images from the Views onto a map they will automatically create a new Concept with the image as the background.
- Crop/Resize. Now when you import new images or drag large images onto a map you have the option of resizing or cropping the image. With the Crop/Resize tool you can crop out just the part of the image you want to use and/or resize it to the size you want.
- Besides English, CmapTools Help is also available in Spanish and Finnish . They are automatic displayed when CmapTools runs in those languages.
- Added support to add Help files in other languages.
- The Splash Screen now shows the right version of CmapTools.
- Now when you install CmapTools in Windows Vista using the 'typical' installation, you can use drag and drop between the application and the Windows file system.
- Deleting an open Cmap in the Views window and saving it will now recreate the Cmap file.
(Note: v4.13 & v4.14 were internal versions that were not publicly released.)
CmapTools v4.12 . October 18, 2007
- Added language support for Galician language.
- Header and footer are included when using the export as webpage feature of CmapTools.
- Entering a header or footer will no longer show error for the missing field.
- Right clicking to create a new folder no longer throws stack trace in log.
- Creating a shortcut to another shortcut no longer give error message.
- Opening a Cmap with a shortcut for the first time now appears in normal sized window.
- Shortcuts can now be moved into .Cmaps in My Computer..
- It is now possible to create a short cut to another short cut. The short cut does not actually point to the other short cut but the object the short cut is pointing to.
- Importing Resources as links now work correctly.
- It is now possible to export a Cmap as web-page without an author specified.
- List View now shorts capital and lower case letters correctly.
- CmapTools can now export over previously existing images.
- Copy and pasting a folder into itself is no longer allowed.
- Pressing F5 with a previously empty CmapServer will no longer show the server as empty.
CmapTools v4.11 – July 06, 2007
- Those who have installed CmapTools on a newer version of Linux such as Kubuntu 7.04 or Fedora Core 5 will now no longer experience C library errors due to an previous incompatibility with a third-party launch script when trying to update CmapTools to a future version using the “update” application.
- The import and export dialogs can now be used as expected in CmapTools for Windows Vista users.
- Now soups will appear as expected in the “Select Soup to Join” search window, regardless of whether or not the CmapServer that is storing a particular soup is registered with the IndexServer.
- Now when dragging and dropping one of two images from folder "A" to folder "B", opening any of these images behaves as expected.
- Now bold, italics, and underline styles behave as expected when text, a concept or linking phrase, or an entire proposition is selected and one of these three styles are either applied or removed from the selection.
- Now the full window title of a Cmap, including focus question, is used for all export formats that are functionally unaffected by including the description as part of the title.
- Now exporting a Cmap to a Cmap Outline text file and importing that file back into CmapTools works as expected.
- Now when searching for a Cmap, resource, or folder in a particular Place that registers with the IndexServer, duplicates will not be present in the search results.
- Now if “Print Preview” is opened, the “Page Setup” button is clicked, and then the “OK” button is clicked in the “Page Setup” dialog, CmapTools will not crash on Windows Vista.
CmapTools v4.10 – May 09, 2007
- Now the "Spelling" button on the Discussion Thread window works as expected.
- When moving Cmaps that are of a different language that the language currently used in the CmapTools interface from either My Cmaps to a Place or vice versa, these Cmaps will now retain their language and not be changed to the language of the current interface.
- Now when the path of a shortcut to a resource is broken, you can copy the shortcut to another location without receiving an error dialog. Upon clicking the link to the broken shortcut of the resource, or clicking the broken shortcut itself, you receive an informative error dialog stating that the Place either cannot be found or is possibly down.
- Now when you click the "Add" button in the "Refine Search" panel, then choose to "Show Desktop" by minimizing all windows, the "Select Folder" dialog will no longer cause CmapTools to appear "hung" and will now continue to appear in front of the "Search" window after restoring all minimized windows.
- Now when you enter normal, non-math text in a concept or linking phrase that has segments of its text with different styles, the segments of style corresponding to those text segments stay attached only to the text segments upon which they were originally applied as any further edits are made (i.e. the styles do not shift).
- The CmapTools interface now supports the Japanese and Dutch languages.
- Now the Search results take up a minimum amount of space for each entry in the list of results.
- Now when a user cuts a folder, Cmap, or resource from a non-LDAP source and they do not supply adequate LDAP credentials when prompted, they will be unable to paste the contents to an LDAP-only server.
- CmapTools now correctly handles the case where an LDAP user supplies a User ID that includes a special character (such as a '.').
- Now when exporting a Cmap to an image, the icon preview on the Desktop of the exported Cmap no longer appears incomplete on OS X.
- There is now a new tab in Preferences which will allow you to manually add other Dictionary & Thesaurus, Cmap Search, and Web Search servers used by those features in CmapTools. Additionally, any of these types of servers that you add to the "Places.txt" file will automatically appear in the corresponding tab in Preferences for all users.
- When running CmapTools on various Windows platforms (XP, 2000, etc.) and a custom icon is used for one of the icons that appears on the left in a file chooser dialog ("My Computer" for example) when that icon is stored in a remote server that requires authentication to gain access to it, the action that requested the dialog (an export or import action, for example) will now appear as expected using a standard look and feel without icons in the left panel.
- Now when clicking on a resource link on a concept that is part of a presentation slide being shown full screen, if the link points to a Cmap stored in a locked-down folder the user now gets prompted for credentials as expected.
- Now CmapTools will install and run on Windows Vista as expected.
- CmapTools now has better CXL support for handling connections inside nested nodes.
- Now Safari on Mac OS X prompts the user for credentials for the Web version of Cmaps and resources stored in a locked-down folder in a Place, as expected.
- Cmaps that contain large, complex, and/or several nested nodes will now open significantly more quickly than before.
CmapTools v4.09 – January 02, 2007
- Now when CmapTools users access folders that are stored in either a v4.09 CmapServer or in My Cmaps, if a folder contains anything and the user refreshes the list of contents of the parent folder or the server root, the ‘+’ symbol that is next to the folder will still be present.
- Editing the email address and organization property fields of a Cmap now no longer reverses those fields upon saving the Cmap.
- Now when the network becomes disconnected for a CmapTools user before or during a move to/from a CmapServer, the Java Bug Report form no longer appears and instead an informative error dialog is displayed to the user.
- When clicking a resource link on a Cmap that no longer points directly to its original resource, CmapTools will make a best guess as to the desired resource’s present location and open it from there. As a result, a dialog appears that asks the user whether or not they wish to update the resource link to point to the “best guess” location of the resource that CmapTools provided. Clicking either “Yes” or “No” in this dialog no longer causes the newly-found resource to be hidden behind the Cmap.
CmapTools v4.08 – December 20, 2006
- There are now several updates to the texts found in the different CmapTools International language interfaces. These updates include the following languages: Czech, Chinese, Finnish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
- The CmapTools Help has a new entry "Add a Place to My Places". Also there are updates to the "Keyboard Shortcuts" and "Link Propositions Between Cmaps" entries.
- CmapTools now has the ability by default to add, modify, and delete permissions on folders stored in Places (CmapServers) that make use of the LDAP permissions scheme. Now if a CmapServer is set to run in either LDAP-only mode, or LDAP plus standard permissions (mixed mode), CmapTools users who have been granted adequate permissions on an LDAP-enabled CmapServer can now search the LDAP directory for "Users" and "Groups" to add to the permissions lists of their folders. For more information, please visit the LDAP documentation for both CmapTools and the CmapServer here: http://cmap.ihmc.us/Support/LDAP.php
- The spelling checker and ListView panel now have improved handling of math characters and formulas.
- Users who run CmapTools on the Windows platform can now configure their client to use Windows certificate settings for PKI authentication in order to access Places (CmapServers) that make use of PKI certificate authentication.
- Background images in Cmaps are now able to be resized and repositioned using either the "Manually Reposition the Background" button in the "Cmap" tab of the Styles palette, or by right-clicking (control+click for Mac users) the background of the Cmap and choosing "Reposition Background".
- Now when using the in Presentation Builder and selecting multiple slides or slide items, the selected Cmap items in the canvas of the Cmap appear highlighted.
- Exporting a Cmap which has one or more annotations to either XTM or CXL format of XML, then importing the XML file back into CmapTools, no longer creates an import error and will now successfully import the Cmap. An XTM file will import successfully minus the annotations, and a CXL file will import successfully with the annotations.
CmapTools v4.07 – October 10, 2006
- CmapTools supports a mathematical character set, suited for concept maps in subjects like mathematics, chemistry, and physics. The development of this feature was sponsored by The Florida Institute of Education at the University of North Florida.
- Now resources added to linking phrases can be opened from the web page version of a Cmap.
- Add new dictionaries for the Spelling Checker: Czech, Finnish, Italian, Swedish, German, Spanish, Portuguese, and French.
- Now dragging a resource link off of a concept in collaboration does not cause a break in collaboration.
- Now CmapTools returns all types of resources when you do a search that is restricted to a CmapServer.
- Now when you clear passwords in preferences, those passwords that were chosen to remain only for the rest of the session will also get deleted.
- You can now save a cmap with an annotation during collaboration.
- Now when resizing a nested node, the contents will remain inside the nested node instead of being detached from it.
- Now the correct “equivalence” math character symbol is displayed, instead of the mirror image of the symbol.
- Resources dragged from My Cmaps to a remote Cmap are now copied to the destination folder, unless you deselect the checkbox in the “Adding Resource Links to […]” dialog.
- Fixed the number of items highlighted in a Cmap opened from the search results. Now if a word is part of a quoted search string, it is only highlighted within that context.
- Fixed a problem with the Cmap Recorder’s 'Step' slider control not working properly. Dragging the slider to a new Step in the recording while the recording is playing now pauses playback and goes to the Step indicated by the slider.
- The popup menu for My Places/All Places now highlights the current selection instead of always selecting the first item.
- Now the performance and the responsiveness of CmapTools, whenever the ListView (in particular the Outline tab) has to deal with large and complex Cmaps (i.e. those with a large number of nodes and connections) have been improved. Now, the ListView won't attempt to update the contents of the different Lists (Concept, Linking Phrase, Proposition, Cmap Outline) until you select one of the tabs to put it in view.
- Fixed a problem when selecting Search -> Cmaps and Resources in... from a folder browser window that has been opened using the "Find in Views" command.
- Fixed foreground color of highlighted text in the “Add Place” dialog to match the system color for certain color schemes.
- Now when you search for resources, PDFs and Word documents will appear in the search results.
- Fixed a performance problem when displaying the Cmap Outline in ListView with large Cmaps. Now, the outline tree does not automatically show the entire tree, but just the first levels.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when a folder restriction was removed in the “Refine Search” panel; this caused the Search window to "hang" until it was closed.
- Now when selecting "Cmaps and Resources in..." from the Search menu when a Cmap or resource is selected, the search will be restricted to the folder that is storing the resource (i.e. if you search from a right-click on resource A in folder F, the search will be restricted to folder F.
- Previously when a recording was played back on a Cmap that had not been saved since the Cmap Recorder had been started on that Cmap, some concepts or linking lines would disappear. Now all Cmap items appear as expected when playing back an unsaved recording.
- Fixed a bug where the Cmap Outline tree in ListView would allow “loops” in the Cmap to be expanded infinitely.
- The Spell Checker has the following new features: Automatic loading of the dictionaries, Automatic selection of a dictionary based on the Concept Map language, and the ability to change “on-the-fly” the dictionary used when spell checking.
- When no locations are selected for search, the “Search” dialog will now report: "No search locations selected."
- Added support to allow us to save and read an XML version of a cmap. This doesn't happen by default. You must explicitly put one of the following lines into cmaptools.cfg:
- cmap.representation=serialized (the default, serialized only)
- Added MS Powerpoint Slide Show as a resource type with the file extension .pps and the MIME type 'application/vnd.ms-pps'. Now MS Powerpoint Slide Show files will open as .pps in slide show mode when launched from a folder in a Place. Previously they were incorrectly opening as a .ppt file in edit mode.
- Now the new CXL format of XML is set as the default format when importing or exporting Cmaps. The CXL format will eventually be a means of facilitating the manipulation of cmaps using web services. This new format is the most robust import/export XML format for Cmaps we've supported to date because it preserves more Cmap information than any of our other text formats or previous XML formats. You can find documentation on CXL here: http://cmap.ihmc.us/xml/CXL.html ...and the main page for the Knowledge Exchange Architecture (KEA) for web services is here: http://cmap.ihmc.us/xml/
- Now the search has improved handling for terms that are 4 or less characters long.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an invalid XML to be generated if the title of the Cmap has invalid XML characters.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Cmap Outline tab in ListView to behave erratically when the direction of a proposition was reversed.
- Fixed an incorrect word in the Keyboard Shortcuts Help entry.
- Added RTF (Rich Text Format) as a known resource MIME type with accompanying icons.
- You can now undo/redo while editing text in a node.
- Fixed a cursor positioning bug that occurred on concepts and linking phrases where if the mouse was clicked outside of the exact bounds of the text, the cursor would be positioned at the beginning of the text.
- Fixed typo which was causing the description label for a Cmap not to display the "focus question" as intended.
- Now when using the “Add Web Address…” feature to create URLs, CmapTools will open 'mailto:', 'ocd:', and other such non-mainstream URL protocols. Previously only http:, https:, and ftp: URL's were supported.
- Removed the File->Exit menu item from the menu bars of the “Views – CmapTools” window and from an open Cmap for the Mac OS X version of CmapTools. Mac standards instead require that the CmapTools menu only make use of the “Quit” menu item (which was already present).
- Add spell checking dictionaries for Czech, German, Finnish, Portuguese and Swedish.
- Fixed a bug that caused duplicated elements in different ListView tabs whenever the ListView panel was hidden and shown again.
- Now when deleting the last administrator of a Place or a folder then clicking “OK”, a prompt appears that prohibits you from saving the permissions of the folder or Place without having at least one administrator in the permissions list.
- Fixed the bug that sometimes happened when loading the default list of places: a place would sometimes appear twice in the Views.
- Fixed a problem with exporting Cmaps that had web address resources linked to them.
- Recorder now exports the ID of the user rather than the (optional) name of the user. This ensures non-blank user fields in the exported recordings. Note: Steps recorded before this change will retain the user's name; only newly recorded changes will contain the user ID.
- Fixed a bug that caused the search to return results that were password protected for the user querying the server. Now there is no entry at all for these results. Previously, the entry of the “locked-down” resource would be present in the search results, but when a user tried to open the resource they would immediately be prompted for adequate credentials to view it.
- Fixed a Cmap Recorder synchronization problem. The bug involved checking the 'last recording date-time' vs. the 'last modified date-time' to tell whether unrecorded changes had been made to the Cmap. If a user made changes when the recorder was off, saved and closed the cmap, then opened the map and started recording again - the recorder would fail to bring its recording up-to-date with the unrecorded changes.
- Fixed a bug where places that were added to "My Places" would disappear after restarting CmapTools.
- Fixed a bug where bidirectional connections were not being considered when determining if a linking phrase should be deleted or not after deleting a connection.
- Now when you add accented characters in a Node on the Mac version of CmapTools, all characters before the insertion point except the first are not deleted. It works correctly again.
- Fixed bug where when you enter a leading space in a math equation it adds an extra space. It also was not allowing you to delete leading spaces with the delete or backspace key.
- Added Firefox, Konqueror, and Opera to the set of linux web browsers CmapTools can invoke to display URLs and other resources. The new 'linuxAppList' parameter in cmaptools.cfg also makes it possible for advanced users to add a new browser app or reorder this list to make CmapTools use their preferred browser first.
- Updated the “Math Characters” behavior in CmapTools, and added a new feature: the third row of the Math Characters panel in Styles now contains a formula editor that you may use to insert equations. Math characters that are added to a concept or linking phrase are now drawn even if the user changes the font. Added code that allows for correct placement of the cursor even between mathML items.
- Now resource links on linking phrases are available in the web version of a Cmap.
- Fixed a bug that would occur when CmapTools is run under a non-English operating system. This bug would show the language as 'English' when CmapTools was first executed after installation, although the actual language that the application was set to was the language used by the OS, and in some cases it would be impossible to switch back to English using the list box in Preferences.
- Each resize of a concept or linking phrase would result in two steps being recorded in the Cmap Recorder. Also fixed the x,y values for moving a node to use the top-left point instead of the center point of the concept when exporting the recording to text. This enables the reporting of more accurate concept locations and sizes in the export.
- Now no Cmap with a presentation will open to “in-Cmap” preview mode after exiting from a fullscreen preview using the button that switches to “in-Cmap” preview or the “Stop” navigational button.
- Fixed the problem when a Windows CmapTools client would be unable to open resources with 2 or more consecutive spaces in the name.
- Fixed the "move resource" functionality. Now the permissions scheme clearly handles the "move a folder" and "move a resource" actions separately.
- Now concepts and propositions added from the “Concepts” and “Propositions” tabs in ListView are visible by all involved in a synchronous collaboration.
CmapTools v4.03 April 28, 2006
- Fixed an index problem caused when opening big files. For now, the content of doc and pdf files are excluded from the index.
- Fixed the ListView to support large Cmaps in the Outline tab.
- Fixed Search module to properly handle wildcard characters (? and *).
- Updated the Help.
- Included a fix to enhance authentication security.
- Fixed a bug that prevented importing XCM files which included international character encodings.
CmapTools v4.02 February 2, 2006
- Fixed the default value of the log files in the configuration
file of CmapTools and CmapServer.
- Incorporated Java v1.5.0_06 as part of the CmapTools
and CmapServer installations. This version of Java allows for long paths to folders, Cmaps, and resources, however
Windows still has this limitation outside of CmapTools and CmapServer. The new Java runtime also corrected
a problem with the DNS reverse lookup.
CmapTools v4.01 January 31, 2006
- Now new folders are correctly indexed so that they
are viewable by others in Places.
- Fixed some images that were broken in the Help.
CmapTools v4.0 - January 17, 2006:
Annotations now appear during playback of a recorded Cmap.
Now Cmap recordings are not lost when copying/moving a Cmap from one folder to another.
Now the Cmap Recorder waits for playback to finish before allowing users to make changes to a Cmap.
Added new logger options: locations, prefix name, size and number of log files.
Now background images are only added to a named style if one concept is selected that has a background.
Fixes an error when you open a folder via a shortcut, and then try to open that folder by expanding the tree.
Fixed a bug where not all changes to a node's bounds were undoable.
If the user chooses the 'No Fill' Transparent color for a line, then the default is not modified to have Transparent as the color for lines. It just keeps the last non-transparent color.
Now you can double-click on a server which is down or hasn't been tried and CmapTools will try to contact that server immediately, rather than waiting for My Places to refresh
New translations now exist for French, Euskera, Finnish, German and Swedish.
Now you can access server folders much quicker.
- "Add Places" dialog now shows icons which reflect the status.
Add/Remove Places” buttons now change to +/- in icons only” mode.
You can now add a private place from the "Add Places" dialog in My Places.
Now double-clicking in the Add Places dialog will do the same as pressing "OK".
Now the playback buttons in the Cmap Recorder don't move around and resize as the window is resized.
The location of the "Add Place" button was changed to be in the header of the Places view, rather than floating in the bottom right corner.
- Now mixed case is allowed in User ID and password fields.
- Now there is a new connection mode: "pki". This mode tells the server (and the webserver) to use the PKI infrastructure to authenticate clients when enabled.
- New PKI options now exist in the CmapServer Configuration file.
- SSL private servers can now be added to Places.
- Now HTTPSocket functionality exists in PKI mode.
Now the PKI connection mode has been added to the list of possible modes when adding private servers.
Now the Cmap webserver supports PKI mode.
Now when a problem exists upon startup of the CmapServer, the startup process aborts and an email is sent to the server's administrator to let him know about the problem.
Now auto-completion exists in the query field of the Search window.
The SOCKS proxy configuration has now been replaced by HTTPSockets functionality.
The Backspace key can now be used to delete a selected item in a presentation.
Now when you create a slide, it becomes the selected slide.
A new button now exists in Presentation Builder that allows the creation of a new slide that contains items in a currently selected slide, plus currently selected items in the cmap.
The Compare module now has a new side-panel icon.
Now the Audit Service exists.
Now the order of history and favorites has changed.
Now the language options have been moved to the General” tab in the Preferences Window.
Now new places found in the same network are added to the list of "My Places" automatically.
Now you can give linking phrases borders by just setting the color.
Now destination info, including the new file name, is available when using Save As.
PKI options are now available in the configuration file: cmaptools.cfg
LDAP port and mode now have defaults listed in cmaptools.cfg.
Now progress dialogs exists for Delete” and New Folder” operations.
Now folders in Views spring open if you hover over them during a drag and drop.
You can now click on the delete icon in the views, as well as drag and drop to it.
Now if an error dialog is shown when CmapTools cannot read the proxy settings from Internet Explorer, the user may select "Configure proxy server manually" to enter the proxy address and port number.
Now resources inside a folder that had been moved have the correct path information.
Now you have the option when creating connection lines for the line to snap to the center, or snap to an anchor point along the border of a concept.
- Now CmapTools supports the French and Euskera languages.
- Now, a Place that is added, but was previously shown incorrectly as down” in Views, appears up” as expected.
Now all progress dialogs are set to disallow any background activity in CmapTools so that the desired operation which reports progress may complete safely.
Now CmapTools supports the Finnish and German languages.
Now the Cmap Recorder slider control is much more stable.
Now the ListView panel has a table for linking phrases.
Now you can search based on the creator of a Cmap or resource.
Now collaboration has an improved background color and font appearance in the message area.
Now the Suggester indicates how to turn on automatic suggestions upon opening.
Now the CmapTools help has entries for Discussion Threads, Knowledge Soups, and Compare Two Cmaps.
Now the previous” and next” buttons work correctly when at the last step of a recording.
Now the create Knowledge Soup window shows all of its contents when it is initially displayed instead of being solid gray until it is resized.
- Now informational messages are not counted as found” when using the Search tool.
- Added UTF-8 encoding to output xml files, it’s necessary for international folder and resource names.
- Added 'Delete Recording' button in the Cmap Recorder to the warning about finding an incompatible beta recording saved with a cmap.
- Now if a beta release cmap recording exists with a cmap that has been opened, a message dialog will appear to suggest that you delete the previous recording.
- Fixed a bug that could cause some Propositions to appear more than once in the Cmap List View panel.
- Fixed a bug when moving the Recorder's slider control up and down rapidly would cause a long series of exceptions to be written to the log and sometimes cause the application to crash.
- Fixed the bug that was not allowing users to annotate a map and then save it, even though they had ANNOTATE permissions.
CmapTools v3.10 - Agosto 26, 2005
- CmapTools now includes many performance
improvements when accessing Places and opening and
- CmapTools now runs using the new Java Virtual Machine (JVM) version 1.5.0_03.
- F ixes have been made for MacOS 10.4.x to correct the crashing issues and the flashing menu problem.
- Modified the default style of line of the Autolayout to Straight Lines instead of Polylines.
- Fixed bug where loading” icon in Places would sometimes stop spinning after changing the scope.
- Fixed the problem (on Mac OS X) where the CPU usage reached 100% which caused the application to lock up when many concepts were dragged around while the Navigation Tool was visible.
CmapTools v3.9 - August 17, 2005:
- Added property: recorder.startAutomatically” in the configuration file so that every time a new or saved Cmap is opened, the Cmap recorder can be set to automatically record the newly generated Cmap content.
- Now CmapTools validates the scope and connection mode of the Place being added before the user clicks the OK button of the Preferences dialog.
- Added support for drag and drop between native file systems on Fedora 4 running Gnome.
- Added the ability to sort the list of Places by clicking the table headings in Edit -> Preference -> Places (Servers).
- Modified the Places panel so that users are asked to apply changes before adding or editing a Place.
- Add support for Turkish and Czech languages.
- Added a button to the Edit Properties dialog for open Cmaps that allows users to edit the Headers and Footers. Also, the Headers and Footers menu item was removed.
- Added the ability for the user to set the language of each resource via the properties dialog from a folder, the Views-CmapTools window, or from the dialog that comes up when you drag and drop to add a resource.
- Fixed a deadlock that was happening when hiding Places.
- Fixed the sorting of port numbers in the Places table.
- Fixed sorting of columns that contains IP addresses in the Admintool.
- Made changes in order to start and close the Admintool faster.
- Fixed a couple of GUI issues in Admintool (corrected enabling/disabling components, updating table values).
- Now SLP supports SSL connections to a secure Directory of Places (DoP).
- Added support for SSL connections between Client/Server and Directory of Places.
- Fixed a bug where the scope field was being enabled. Even though the field was editable, the user was still unable to change the scope.
- Fixed a bug where a task that has been already stopped was still updating the status of the server.
- Made an optimization in order to quickly update the status of the server when the connection modes changes.
- Fix for background image on Mac not showing after updating from OS 10.4 to 10.4.2.
- Because of performance problems on the Mac, clipboard checking has been disabled to determine if items are pasteable.
- Added negative value checks to the Padding and Font Size items. Now if users input negative values, the programs beeps and sets the values back to what they were before the change.
- Fixed a problem with the creation of the SSLSocketFactory which was causing the server to hang forever on accept() whenever an ssl client tried to connect to it.
- Fixed a synchronization problem that was happening when changing the scope or the option to communicate only with secure servers.
- Changed the background of History view to white.
- Developed a new implementation of the cache, which makes a big difference in the performance of CmapTools at start up and during "refresh" operations.
- Solved a bug in Mac OS X when a resource label has tildes. As a result, it is now also possible to have resource labels in any language.
- Added code to make the text edit cursor blink while editing text in a node.
- The last print preferences in the settings file are now stored upon exit and loaded when the tools start. The last paper size and orientation settings are saved and displayed by default in the print preview/setup dialogs.
- Changed the external viewer to handle sparse URL's.
- Minor changes were made to use the HTML 4.01 specification so that UTF-8 in Firefox for Mac OS X works properly.
- Fixes to prevent MacOS 10.3.9 menubar lockout after the spell check dialog and message dialog are both dismissed simultaneously.
- Fixed a bug in the Description and Keywords tags when a concept has a 'return' or a 'tab'.
- Now it is also possible to have resource labels in any language.
- Now Jpeg is set to be the default image export type.
CmapTools v3.8 � April 8, 2005:
- Use of Tahoma as the default font has been discontinued. The default font is now that of the Operating System. This measure is to improve the unfolding of special characters in other languages.
- During the advanced installation of CmapTools in the Windows environment, the escape character (backslash) is no longer necessary in defining the paths to Profile” and My Cmaps.”
- The distortion accompanying the unfolding of characters in the Mac OS X environment has been eliminated.
- Empty tool tips added to concepts via the Add Info” option unfold properly.
- A timeout issue that did not allow clients to see a complete list of public servers and servers that did not register in the Directory of Places has been corrected.
- Annotations that begin with the backslash character can be created.
- Support for verification by multiple instances of CmapTools in the Mac OS X environment and NFS volumes has been implemented.
- Detection of changes in the version of CmapTools now forces a re-indexing of the clients and servers. This measure is to improve overall performance and compatibility of CmapTools.
- The Duplicate resource name” alert no longer appears when you rename a file with a very long name.
- The error message associated with the inclusion of invalid characters in the name of a resource has been corrected.
- In the Mac OS X environment, files dragged and dropped from Cmaps in My Computer” under Views” to the desktop no longer have their file names prefixed with tmp.”
- The search module has been altered such that it no longer gives results on searches done for empty maps or ones with identical content.
- Proper validation of fields associated with identification of the user (user-id) has been implemented.
- The close button (X) in the upper right corner of annotations has been removed.
- Use of imapd for DT support has been eliminated to allow root users or administrators to run CmapServers.
- The use of port 5143, formally for communication between the CmapServer and imapd, has been eliminated.
- In the Linux environment, an issue in which a user with server remote access was not prompted for a password has been corrected.
- A service issue with the AdminTool that did not allow reconnection to a remote logger has been corrected.
- The Navigation tool no longer unfolds when a Cmap is created.
- The New Style” button and shadow options in the Styles palette have been fixed.
- An undo issue with nested nodes that involved using the undo option twice to remove nested nodes created via Shift + drag has been corrected.
- In collaboration, the unfolding of Cmaps with different dimensions has been improved.
- In the Dictionary and Thesaurus, the unfolding of the word list that occurs when the Look up” button is clicked has been improved such that no loss of context occurs.
- The overall appearance of Cmaps in the Mac OS X environment has been improved.
- Support for .wmv and .wvx video formats has been implemented.
- A Header and Footer feature for Cmaps has been implemented.
- Support for .mp4 archives has been implemented.
Changes since v2.9.1:
- Drag-and-drop operations, right-click menu access, and Undo operations have been added throughout the program.
- The Project Browser window has been replaced by a Views window. Currently, four views are available:
- My Cmaps (which replaces the Local server from Version 2) is a view of the maps saved on the local disk
- Places is a view that allows the user to access concept maps on servers.
- History is a view that contains the previously viewed maps and resources.
- Favorites is a view that contains shortcuts to your favorite maps and resources.
- My Cmaps (which replaces the Local server from Version 2) is a view of the maps saved on the local disk
- Places is a view that allows the user to access concept maps on servers.
- History is a view that contains the previously viewed maps and resources.
- Favorites is a view that contains shortcuts to your favorite maps and resources.
- Folders can be nested within a View.
- View, or a folder, can be opened into a new window by right-clicking or double-clicking.
- Drag-and-drop (copy/move) folders, Cmaps, and resources to Views, concepts, and linking phrases. You can even drag-and-drop from your Desktop to CmapTools.
- Right-click operations are enabled on the resources in the Views.
- Adding a link to a resource (e.g. map, image, video, etc.) in a concept can be done by a drag-and-drop operation from the Views or the local file system.
- The Style palette window allows for the easy change of concept, linking phrase, line (e.g. arrow heads), and map style appearance.
- A background image can be added to Cmaps and to concepts using the Style palette (background images currently consume a lot of memory).
- No need to explicitly switch between edit and browse mode.
- When the program starts, it automatically contacts a Directory of Places and obtains an up-to-date list of Places that are currently available.
- Version 3 cannot read Cmaps created with Version 2 of the tools, and vice-versa. A program is available on this website to convert your v2 maps to v3 maps. Note that once converted to v3, maps cannot be reverted back to v2. The public servers IHMC Public Cmaps and IHMC now have v3 equivalents. Changes made to v3 maps on these servers are not reflected on the corresponding maps in the v2 servers.
- Edit Cmaps synchronously with other users on the Internet.
- Search the web for information relevant to a concept map.
- Check for updates automatically or on demand.